Tuesday, February 22, 2005

What you see isn't always......

I bare my soul, and it's a little too much to bare.
I watch what I say, but then that's not my way.
'This way to a downfall!' Is that the way I tread?
Ignoring all convention, I'll do it my way instead.
Starting where I finish, finishing where I start,
Following my senses, not always my heart.
I'd have to stop and listen, then what would I hear?
Echoes of lost loneliness, accumulation of fear.
What of love? That huge responsibility,
That puts your happiness at the will of others' destiny.
If honesty is the best policy, then why so many liars in the world?
And it's the lies we tell ourselves that are the worse.
So I carry on regardless, up the Khyber Pass,
Stepping over landmines, determined to have the last laugh.
Giving just a few glimpses, of my soul's very core,
So I'll finish where I started, not quite baring all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

"Determined to have the last laugh"... That line struck me for some reason. It's difficult to keep that perspective at times - to remember that we control our own fates, regardless of vulnerabilities. Yet how rewarding the last laugh is!
Keep blogging. The world is watching.

[journey]

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home