Friday, April 21, 2006

First Impressions

I met a cool cat last night.
You know the sort
mean and moody.
Hooded eyes
Two days growth.
Wearing a black leather jacket.
Smoking,
and drinking scotch on the rocks.
The sort girls always give a second look.
The sort on a hot tin roof.
( Or in this case down the local.
listening to Dave play the blues.)
He leaned over, all meaningful,
and asked if I was a lady?
I replied yes last time I looked,
but was he a gentleman?
He ordered another scotch,
and asked what I thought he was?
'A cool Cat', my response.
Still cool, when he told me he lived in Belgium.
Still cool, when talking about the bands he'd seen there.
Warmer, when telling me he was over here for the summer,
visiting his mum.
I lost interest when he told me he was a golf coach.
Cool cats I dig,
but swingers?
No way man,
A lady has to have some principles!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the humor in this poem.

8:50 PM  
Blogger floots said...

me too
your best ever tp
(and you didn't see his irons - or his wood) :)

12:37 AM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Hi!

Reminds me of my local this...

Thanks for dropping by.
Nice poem.

7:01 AM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

:) good one!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Natalia L. Rudychev said...

Lovely poem.
Love the humor.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

smashing poem. funny and bold unlike the bloke who was obviously crummy and bald. (well he played GOLF right!?)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really like this poem. I am glad that i follow some links to your site. Good job

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha

3:32 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

this put a smile on my face. :)

6:01 AM  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

I'm cheering you on, hon. *grin, grin, grin* What a riot. Absolutely loved this. ^_^

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

beautiful

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wats up girl?
where the fuck r u ?

i miss u

4:52 PM  
Blogger temppixie said...

Sorry been moving house, and planing my month trip to Greece at end of july. Only just set pc up again! I will be back soon , with a vengance, so watch out......temppixie is about!!!!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Known Stranger said...

i liked the humour

4:27 AM  
Blogger Osquer said...

Oh, I love it! Especially the twist at the end!

12:01 PM  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

Stand firm! Stay cool!

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific wry humor, as you perused this "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."
Glad you held to your principles.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home