Friday, March 04, 2005

Happiness/Depression

Happiness/Depression
Two sides of the same pebble.
Both come and go in waves
Sometimes the tide stays out,
And I tread the shores of happiness
The sun beating down on my back,
Light breeze in the air, joy in my heart.
Not a care in the world.
Then the tide turns,
And the waves come crashing down on me,
Pushing me under, I’m drowning!
Gulping for air, dark, lonely, scared!
But I fight my through, up to the surface,
I’m a fighter,survivour
I will get there,and I do,
I rise,back to the shore and the brightness,bursting.
Glad to free of the darkness,
Relishing each day,hour,minute,with gladness and hope
Family and friends,loved ones,known and those I’ve yet to meet.
Not wanting to waste a minute,
Drinking in the beauty of life,
Always mindful of the turning tide.

2 Comments:

Blogger musik-addikt said...

i can relate to this very well, it is beautifully written.

1:18 PM  
Blogger temppixie said...

many thanks for your kind words

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home