Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Unconditional Love

I saw a picture of you today,
and all those old feelings and memories
came flooding back to the surface.
How I used to hold you in my arms,
stare into those big brown eyes,
and fall into them,
and in love with you.
I swore my undying love,
that I would never let you go,
let harm come to you.
But you left anyway.
I saw a different face smiling back at me today.
Different from the one I last watched 8 months ago,
as I put a boy on a train.
Now I see the man you are becoming.
You've had your adventures
as you've travelled the world.
Now I see that self-assured confidence
shining through from the otherside of the globe.
You have the world
(and the girls!)
at your feet.
I am proud to see you grow, mature,
from boyhood to manhood.
I said goodbye to a boy, all those months ago,
I can't wait to say hello to the man, in a few more.
A boy,
A man,
My son.
Can't wait to see who you have become.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Hi temppixie, glad you enjoyed my blog visit any time,

Mother love all sweetness and pain would that we could know that the future holds them safe and happy.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Misreflection said...

truly moving, I got goosebumps while reading it- honest I did. I also have a son, whom I will want to say the same things to one day.Nice of you to drop by my blog.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ey kim thanks for visiting my blog again.

i enjoy reading this one.as you know i have two sons that i have to let go too in the future!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

my son, my second child, is now twenty and i look at him and, in equal parts, i see me and my wife but more than anything else i remember the boy he was and the man, of whom i am so proud, he is becoming. i have four children and at the risk of sounding like me Mum . . . where has it all gone?

such a good poem and so true. loved it.

2:42 AM  
Blogger temppixie said...

May thanks for all your kind words, it made my son cry anyway when he read it!

9:35 AM  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

You pour out your love, expressing such, through words that approximate the intensity, the depth...

That even a stranger is rendered misty-eyed. ^_^

I have truly enjoyed my first visit on your poetry blog. Of your previous posts, my fave is the one entitled "New beginnings, old endings."

May you continue to be such a well of inspiration. ^_^

1:21 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Very proud you are. Indeed!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home