Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Path Of Life

I walk along the path
Towards the empty part of the shore
Away from the crowds and clutter
So I can clear my thoughts and head
The sun reflects off the water
Like an old 8mm film
Light refracting, blinding
I loose my footing
Slipping off the path
A raised hand shields my eyes
Like I’m hailing a long lost friend
I stop and look back along the beach
The jostling, noise, already forgotten
A gull cries insults from above
And once more I loose my co-ordination
In the sun
I step out once more, feeling the soft
Sand underfoot,
The warmth soaks thru to my bones
And my thoughts out of my head
I drink in the serenity and beauty
Of my surroundings
Nothing else matters

1 Comments:

Blogger floots said...

You're right - when you're out there, nothing else matters.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home