Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Life Imitates Art

Farewell my love,
My one heart's desire.
Like a Lenkiewicz painting,
There is a you-shaped hole,
Where my heart used to be.
As you walk away,
So far away.
On soft summer nights,
Can you hear my sighs
Float on the light breeze?
That is not rain you hear
On your trees outside,
But my tears slowly falling.
Soon you will hear a torrent,
Pass by your door.
Eroding the soil,
To the earth's very core.
That's what you did:
Slowly wore me away,
'till like an ox-bow lake,
I was left stranded,
Isolated.
Waiting for some one,
To fill me again.
Farewell my love.


......................

  • Link to Lenkiewicz Paintings

  • Once on the site, go to page 2, Project 8 (Jealousy). The specific painting is called Man Watching Woman Walk Away.

    4 Comments:

    Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

    On soft summer nights,
    Can you hear my sighs
    Float on the light breeze?
    That is not rain you hear
    On your trees outside,
    But my tears slowly falling.
    Soon you will hear a torrent,
    Pass by your door.


    Such tender longing. Sniff. Such a fitting piece to read in my current mood. Sigh. Thank you for sharing this.

    3:12 AM  
    Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

    tragically tender. moving and yet not mawkish. welcome back by the way.

    2:59 AM  
    Blogger Neetee said...

    temppixie, your eloquence of love lost has merely generated a new throng of hearts who bring with them comfort upon the tail of the light breeze that carries away your signs.
    Know this, Love in its wisdom does not evade a good place to rest. Prepare yourself for new happiness.

    11:42 AM  
    Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

    c'mon girl, more please!

    12:54 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home